My Work Experience
Companies I've worked with include:
Platform Software Engineer
Big Switch Networks | March 2014 - Present
- Architected and implemented "zero touch networking" features for release of Big Monitoring Fabric product.
- Coded the lifecycle infrastructure and REST API endpoints for controller SSL certificate management in Java.
- Engineered TACACS and RADIUS authentication/authorization plugins and schema-driven RBAC permissions.
- Implemented a management network IP address allocation feature that relieved customer reliance on DHCP.
- Built a feature that generated and managed SSH key-pairs across the cluster and fabric for elegant switch SSH access.
Technical Marketing Engineer
Big Switch Networks | Sept 2013 - March 2014
Built Big Switch’s most powerful marketing and sales tool, BSNLabs. A web portal written in Ruby On Rails that extended the work I did during my internship as an open source software engineer. I took on this role so that I could stay in Silicon Valley while I finished my Bachelor's degree.
Software Engineering Intern
Big Switch Networks | Feb 2013 - Sept 2013
Saved sales organization time and money by building a command line tool and infrastructure for immediately test driving hands on product demos.
OpenFlow Research Intern
IBM | April 2013 - Feb 2013
- Developed “Avior”, a networking testing and monitoring tool for the Floodlight OpenFlow controller. Used Java SWT to
build the GUI and used asynchronous HTTP libraries for efficient REST API communication.
- Developed “Port Down Reconciliation”, a Java based Floodlight controller module that traces network paths recursively
in reverse order and deletes network flow rules in response to port/link failures.
I create clear and concise do it yourself videos while wrenching on my Honda S2000 in hopes of inspiring others to pick up wrenches.
Built a crypto currency mining pool that automatically switched between alt-coins to maximize profit. Built the web and app layer using Ruby on Rails, Memcached, and PostreSQL. Also built a distributed layer of 30+ crypto coin API servers with heavy use of virtualization and Capistrano for frictionless scale and deployment. Came out profitable!
DEFCAD.com was a search engine for 3D printable models envisioned by Cody WIlson. I worked alongside Cody Wilson and took DEFCAD from an idea to a reality. Built the site with Ruby on Rails, Nginx, Unicorn, Elastic Search, Memcached, and MySQL.